December 2nd, 2014 - GAITHERSBURG, MD - We are excited to announce some incredible statistics (that are all still being finalized!) for our inaugural year of the Ton of Fun Weight Loss Challenge. This year we hosted three sessions of Ton of Fun and all of them led to pounds dropped and activity levels increased.
As we wrap up the third and final session of Ton of Fun for 2014, here are some of the highlights and milestones achieved throughout the course of the year:
- Approximately 300 people participated.
- Just shy of 2000 pounds (ONE TON!) was lost!
- Over 175 participants lost at least 3.1 pounds.
- Over 110 participants lost at least 6.2 pounds.
- Over 45 participants lost at least 13.1 pounds.
- 7 participants lost at least 26.2 pounds!
Thanks to great partnerships with many local fitness companies, including Foundry Fitness in the Kentlands, as well as Whole Foods Market - Kentlands and Brooks Running, we were able to provide incentive, information and tons of opportunities for successful weight loss to each participant. Weekly weigh-ins, weekly eNewsletters, weight loss prizes and fitness/nutrition classes are available throughout the course of the Challenge and are key to keeping people motivated, moving and successful.
We look forward to 2015 and the start of our next Ton of Fun Weight Loss Challenge on January 5th.
Details can be found here.