A huge thank you to our friends at Whole Foods Market - Kentlands
for partnering with us to provide healthy eating options!
Football season is here, which means dips galore while you watch your favorite team to victory (hopefully). Serve this Mexican-inspired hummus with raw veggies or tortilla chips for dipping, or spread it on sandwiches and wraps, too. Make sure to drain the black beans well, otherwise the hummus may be too thin.
- 2 cups no-salt-added cooked black beans , drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic , roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium tamari
- 1 teaspoon ume plum vinegar or 2 teaspoons lemon juice (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Combine black beans, garlic, tahini, cumin, 2 tablespoons water, tamari and vinegar in a food processor. Pulse until smooth and all ingredients are combined. Transfer to a serving bowl, fold in cilantro and serve.
Per Serving: Serving size: , 140 calories (50 from fat), 6g total fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol,90mg sodium, 16g carbohydrates, (5 g dietary fiber, .1g sugar), 7g protein.