A huge thank you to our friends at Whole Foods Market - Kentlands
for partnering with us to provide healthy eating options!
This is a great breakfast idea! Add extra veggies such as asparagus, carrots, sweet onion, and anything else you may have! Sweet potatoes provide gorgeous orange color and a boost of nutrition to this favorite brunch side dish. Make it spicy or mild to suit your tastes by adjusting the amount of jalapeño. Toss leftovers with baby arugula and sliced red onions for a satisfying salad the next day.
- 2 1/2 pound sweet potatoes or garnet yams (about 3 potatoes) , scrubbed and cubed
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper , seeded and finely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper , seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small red onion , finely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 jalapeño , seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup green onions , both white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 lime , cut into wedges, for serving
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place 2 large rimmed baking sheets in the oven to heat. Toss potatoes with paprika and black pepper to combine. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets. Add a splash of water. Roast potatoes until tender and just browned, about 30 minutes, turning as needed. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add bell peppers, onion and jalapeño. Cook until soft and just beginning to brown, about 10 minutes, adding water if necessary to prevent burning. Combine cooked vegetables and roasted potatoes in a large bowl, and toss with cilantro and green onions. Serve with lime wedges.
Per Serving: Serving size: , 150 calories (5 from fat), 0g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol,90mg sodium, 33g carbohydrates, (7 g dietary fiber, .11g sugar), 3g protein.